Officers and Eligibility
- The officers of this Association shall be the President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
- The President and Vice President shall be chosen from the roster of occupational therapists, who have been in good standing with the AOTA and FOTA for a year prior to nomination. The Secretary and Treasurer shall be either OTs or OTAs in good standing with AOTA and FOTA for a year prior to nomination.
Terms of Office
Elections and Terms of Office
- Nominees shall be voted into office by electronic or non electronic ballots of voting members and seated on July 1.
- The President, Vice President and Secretary shall serve for terms of two years and shall not hold the office for more than two consecutive terms.
- The Treasurer shall serve for a term of three years and shall not hold the office for more than two consecutive terms.
- No individual may hold more than one simultaneous voting position on the Board
Elected Officer's Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for guiding and conducting the activities of the Association.
- Preside at all meetings of the Association and Board.
- Prepare the Association’s annual report.
- 4. Until elections can be conducted, have the power to appoint acting officers, with the approval of the Board, should vacancies occur.
- Have the power to sign checks and all written obligations of the Association.
- Appoint Members-at-Large and committee coordinators, with the approval of the Board, and provide them with outlines of their duties. Only the chairperson of the Nominating Committee is an exception to the presidential appointment.
- Serve as ex-officio member of all committees except the Nominating Committee.
- When feasible, attend the annual conference of the AOTA and the meeting of the Affiliated State Association Presidents.
- Send out proper notices of all Board meetings.
- Conduct the correspondence of the FOTA except as otherwise provided.
- Is responsible to see that Florida is represented at the AOTA Representative
- Assembly should vacancies occur.
- Officers-elect shall:
- Prepare for their elected duties.
- Assume office in the absence of the officer.
- Perform duties as assigned.
- Discharge the duties of the President in case of absence or during a vacancy in the office of President.
- Be chairperson of the Educational committee
- Provide oversight for the work of the Conference Convener.
- Discharge other duties as designated by the President.
- Be custodian of the funds for this Association.
- Be empowered to sign checks and other financial obligations of the Association.
- Oversee the payment of all the Association’s bills and obligations as directed by the Board of this Association.
- Submit a financial statement at regular meetings of the Board and this Association.
- Submit the Association’s accounts to the Board for auditing and present the report at the Annual Business Meeting and/or prior to the termination of the office.
- Prepare the annual budget for the Association.
- Discharge other duties as designated by the President or Board.
- Keep the records of the Association and the minutes of its meetings, including minutes of the Board and Annual Business Meeting.
- Discharge the duties of the president in the absence of the President and Vice President.
- Be responsible to members of the Board for notification of special meetings.
Standing Committees: The standing committees of this Association, whose Coordinators must be licensed OTs orOTAs shall be:
- Government Affairs: The purpose is to be involved in legislative action pertaining to the practice of occupational therapy inFlorida, to represent the Association’s interests to legislators and communicate issues and actions to the membership.
- Member Concerns: The purpose is to coordinate member services committees including, but not limited to Bylaws, Membership, Nominations, and Recognitions.
- Practice: The purpose is to represent clinical practice, to provide the members resources in specialty clinical areas, and provide clinical support for conference planning.
- Conference Convener: The purpose is to be responsible for the coordination and monitoring of the FOTA Annual Conference.